Upending the natural order, New Zealand software company Orion has acquired a suite of health products that had been marketed under the Amalga brand, for an undisclosed sum. Microsoft’s Hospital Information Systems, along with its PACs (Picture Archiving and Communication) and RIS (Radiology Information System) will now become …
Isn't that the area that M$ stole the xml patented stuff from... not sure anything Microsoft sells you is certainly theirs... Caveat Emptor...
This smells of something rotten,...
why would m$ do this? IT companies in NZ squabble over any scrap of a contract / budget. Are m$ fielding another alternative? Or have they heard through back-channels about cut-backs and / or possible backlash about expensive IT systems?
Watch this space, there will be something in the next 12 months that will render this deal worthless. Either a new strategic alliance by NZ healthcare with another IT company, or a blowout in costs that will hit the new provider.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network