A new strain of the ZeuS crimeware toolkit comes with a peer-to-peer design that lets infected machines bypass centralized servers when receiving updates and marching orders from operators, a researcher said. The update to a custom-built ZeuS variant known as Murofet could make it harder for white-hat hackers and law- …
It works the other way too
The fun thing about updating via P2P....
Once you've cracked how its updated, how to contact it... you can do something clever - you make it uninstall itself :)
Its been done to other botnets before, use the technology against them.
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Google lets wannabe Glass Explorers ADMIRE THEMSELVES in their own mirrors
- Leaked photos may indicate slimmer next-generation iPad
- Liftoff! SpaceX Falcon 9 lifts Dragon on third resupply mission to ISS