A new strain of the ZeuS crimeware toolkit comes with a peer-to-peer design that lets infected machines bypass centralized servers when receiving updates and marching orders from operators, a researcher said. The update to a custom-built ZeuS variant known as Murofet could make it harder for white-hat hackers and law- …
It works the other way too
The fun thing about updating via P2P....
Once you've cracked how its updated, how to contact it... you can do something clever - you make it uninstall itself :)
Its been done to other botnets before, use the technology against them.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers