A new strain of the ZeuS crimeware toolkit comes with a peer-to-peer design that lets infected machines bypass centralized servers when receiving updates and marching orders from operators, a researcher said. The update to a custom-built ZeuS variant known as Murofet could make it harder for white-hat hackers and law- …
It works the other way too
The fun thing about updating via P2P....
Once you've cracked how its updated, how to contact it... you can do something clever - you make it uninstall itself :)
Its been done to other botnets before, use the technology against them.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2