A new strain of the ZeuS crimeware toolkit comes with a peer-to-peer design that lets infected machines bypass centralized servers when receiving updates and marching orders from operators, a researcher said. The update to a custom-built ZeuS variant known as Murofet could make it harder for white-hat hackers and law- …
It works the other way too
The fun thing about updating via P2P....
Once you've cracked how its updated, how to contact it... you can do something clever - you make it uninstall itself :)
Its been done to other botnets before, use the technology against them.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst