Nokia has brightened up its Symbian range with the introduction of a NFC smartphone that shouldn't put much of a dent in your wallet. The Nokia 603 - the company's latest Symbian Belle-powered handset - features a 1GHz processor, Bluetooth 3.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity. There's also a 3.5in, 640 x 360 touchscreen and a 5Mp camera …
Competitive at this price
Having seen Belle in action, and having used the typical Android fare at this price, the Nokia is ahead here. This phone is also far more adventurously styled than that opposition.
Android does well at the top of the range, but Google are ignoring the next wave of smartphone users by not getting Android's minimum hardware requirements under control, and there's room for either Bada or Symbian to capitalise here...
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft