Nokia has brightened up its Symbian range with the introduction of a NFC smartphone that shouldn't put much of a dent in your wallet. The Nokia 603 - the company's latest Symbian Belle-powered handset - features a 1GHz processor, Bluetooth 3.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity. There's also a 3.5in, 640 x 360 touchscreen and a 5Mp camera …
Competitive at this price
Having seen Belle in action, and having used the typical Android fare at this price, the Nokia is ahead here. This phone is also far more adventurously styled than that opposition.
Android does well at the top of the range, but Google are ignoring the next wave of smartphone users by not getting Android's minimum hardware requirements under control, and there's room for either Bada or Symbian to capitalise here...
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire