There's been a lot of talk recently about the imminent death of traditional email and office applications to be replaced by shiny new web apps all served from the Cloud. Now, we know the world changes slowly and this won't happen overnight, or be suitable for all. But there are a lot of old Exchange or Notes installations out …
1) Does "the company is performing well" mean "are you making a ton of money?" or "is your business infrastructure as good as it could be?"?
2) The question on knowledge workers is related to the knowledge/security balance. Our new sharepoint environment is great for versioning and archiving, for instance, but poor at searching for similar ideas in neighboring groups.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt