HDS was prompted to buy BlueArc because IBM was making a move against the fast filer firm, or so a source says. Recall that big storage array shipper Hitachi Data Systems had a reseller agreement with BlueArc for some time, and that BlueArc uses HDS disk shelves as backing store behind its hardware-accelerated NAS heads. Then, …
Not sure about that....
If that was the play why bring out the Unified Gateway for the Storwize V7000 this week?
That is not a product that was produced in the few weeks between HDS buying BlueArc and now, also BlueArc is closer to a High Performance SONAS competitor than N Series really.
Just does not stack up for me.
You did see the IBM V7000 Unified Disk System (filer) announcement?
Realizing that it's a big industry, the Reg can't follow it all :)
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe