HDS was prompted to buy BlueArc because IBM was making a move against the fast filer firm, or so a source says. Recall that big storage array shipper Hitachi Data Systems had a reseller agreement with BlueArc for some time, and that BlueArc uses HDS disk shelves as backing store behind its hardware-accelerated NAS heads. Then, …
Not sure about that....
If that was the play why bring out the Unified Gateway for the Storwize V7000 this week?
That is not a product that was produced in the few weeks between HDS buying BlueArc and now, also BlueArc is closer to a High Performance SONAS competitor than N Series really.
Just does not stack up for me.
You did see the IBM V7000 Unified Disk System (filer) announcement?
Realizing that it's a big industry, the Reg can't follow it all :)
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln