HDS was prompted to buy BlueArc because IBM was making a move against the fast filer firm, or so a source says. Recall that big storage array shipper Hitachi Data Systems had a reseller agreement with BlueArc for some time, and that BlueArc uses HDS disk shelves as backing store behind its hardware-accelerated NAS heads. Then, …
Not sure about that....
If that was the play why bring out the Unified Gateway for the Storwize V7000 this week?
That is not a product that was produced in the few weeks between HDS buying BlueArc and now, also BlueArc is closer to a High Performance SONAS competitor than N Series really.
Just does not stack up for me.
You did see the IBM V7000 Unified Disk System (filer) announcement?
Realizing that it's a big industry, the Reg can't follow it all :)
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor