HDS was prompted to buy BlueArc because IBM was making a move against the fast filer firm, or so a source says. Recall that big storage array shipper Hitachi Data Systems had a reseller agreement with BlueArc for some time, and that BlueArc uses HDS disk shelves as backing store behind its hardware-accelerated NAS heads. Then, …
Not sure about that....
If that was the play why bring out the Unified Gateway for the Storwize V7000 this week?
That is not a product that was produced in the few weeks between HDS buying BlueArc and now, also BlueArc is closer to a High Performance SONAS competitor than N Series really.
Just does not stack up for me.
You did see the IBM V7000 Unified Disk System (filer) announcement?
Realizing that it's a big industry, the Reg can't follow it all :)
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs