HDS was prompted to buy BlueArc because IBM was making a move against the fast filer firm, or so a source says. Recall that big storage array shipper Hitachi Data Systems had a reseller agreement with BlueArc for some time, and that BlueArc uses HDS disk shelves as backing store behind its hardware-accelerated NAS heads. Then, …
Not sure about that....
If that was the play why bring out the Unified Gateway for the Storwize V7000 this week?
That is not a product that was produced in the few weeks between HDS buying BlueArc and now, also BlueArc is closer to a High Performance SONAS competitor than N Series really.
Just does not stack up for me.
You did see the IBM V7000 Unified Disk System (filer) announcement?
Realizing that it's a big industry, the Reg can't follow it all :)
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why