Riverbed is stretching its Whitewater appliances – which automatically back up data to online storage clouds – to cover more clouds, and increasing the number of programs on servers that can feed data to them. The Whitewater appliances were initially launched to archive data using IBM's Tivoli Backup Recovery Media Services ( …
If you want to replace my Memorex tape robot with cloud crap ...
You'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead, data center.
 Ok, the Machineroom, Museum or Mausoleum, depending on the mood of the wife ;-)
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat