Riverbed is stretching its Whitewater appliances – which automatically back up data to online storage clouds – to cover more clouds, and increasing the number of programs on servers that can feed data to them. The Whitewater appliances were initially launched to archive data using IBM's Tivoli Backup Recovery Media Services ( …
If you want to replace my Memorex tape robot with cloud crap ...
You'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead, data center.
 Ok, the Machineroom, Museum or Mausoleum, depending on the mood of the wife ;-)
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging