Each of its 96 nodes has two six-core Intel Xeon X5650s, one NVIDIA Tesla C2050 GPU, and 48 GB of RAM, but the SGI “Fornax” supercomputer opened late September as part of Western Australia’s Pawsey Centre project is still a test bed in some ways. The demands of “big science” are so intensive, and the data sets so diverse across …
Yet another company or product starting with the "i". Really gets on my tits. Yes i (hardy ha) am fed up with it.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone