Each of its 96 nodes has two six-core Intel Xeon X5650s, one NVIDIA Tesla C2050 GPU, and 48 GB of RAM, but the SGI “Fornax” supercomputer opened late September as part of Western Australia’s Pawsey Centre project is still a test bed in some ways. The demands of “big science” are so intensive, and the data sets so diverse across …
Yet another company or product starting with the "i". Really gets on my tits. Yes i (hardy ha) am fed up with it.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe