Each of its 96 nodes has two six-core Intel Xeon X5650s, one NVIDIA Tesla C2050 GPU, and 48 GB of RAM, but the SGI “Fornax” supercomputer opened late September as part of Western Australia’s Pawsey Centre project is still a test bed in some ways. The demands of “big science” are so intensive, and the data sets so diverse across …
Yet another company or product starting with the "i". Really gets on my tits. Yes i (hardy ha) am fed up with it.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning