So Apple’s surprise non-announcement last week still made your original iPhone 4 feel a bit less special? Well, before you ditch and switch, maybe this is the alternative: bling up! Olloclip three-in-one lens accessory for iPhone Olloclip is a three-in-one lens attachment that adds plenty of extra zing to the iPhone 4’s …
That's actually quite cool.
Needs a fake scar.
If you put this on your phone, you also need:
1) A fake scar sticker
2) a white cat (or possibly LOLcat).
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No Mr. Jobs, I expect you to DIE."
Looks like a shooter scope
Those bikers used these to rob the Apple store?
I tried one of these on a Razr a few years ago.
Love at first sight
You can't keep your bloody hands still!!!
Not only barrel distortion...
You don't have to get far off-centre on that WA shot before it turns into a smeary mess :(
If I want to take a smallish camera, then I'll grab my Pentax 645NII and a few rolls of Velvia (when the 4x5 is just too big).
Pedant moment, but this annoys me. One does not "invent" a gadget.
Bleary smeary yuck yuck.
Barrell distortion and smeary horror is pretty much inevitable with these sort of extension/adapter lenses. You can get away with a macro extension but widening the field of view is an optical nightmare when you already have a lens between you and the film/sensor.
(imagine I've inserted a back-of-envelope ray diagram here)
See? Nightmare. The only way to make a decent wide angle adapter is to take a drill and remove the existing lens first.
The fisheye gets away with it because it embraces the distortion.
Will this work on a 4S as well or does no-one know yet...?
Same shell so yes. Unless there have been minor tweaks?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad