Just a little over a fortnight ago, Australia’s average broadband speed was just 348 Kbps; now, apparently, it’s 3.54 Mbps, a stunning ten-times acceleration. The difference, of course, is who’s reporting what. The earlier Pando Network report, which El Reg ignored because local data beyond the headline wasn’t available, was the …
Pando's a good bloke
and loved his kid for all that he was a murderous crime boss. Watch the movie "Two Hands" and all will be explained - and you'll never look at the name "Pando" in the same light again!
Kiwis still flightless
NZ broadband speeds aren't even worth mentioning. Sadly the UFB project will be for naught if PacificFibre don't manage to get their cable in.
kbps vs kBps
Please get your units right. Pando Network report that you linked to listed speeds in kBps. Akamai's report is in kbps. There is little difference between those two reports that cannot be explained from sampling errors.
I would have expected a reporter from a publication focussing on technology to know the difference.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM