Just a little over a fortnight ago, Australia’s average broadband speed was just 348 Kbps; now, apparently, it’s 3.54 Mbps, a stunning ten-times acceleration. The difference, of course, is who’s reporting what. The earlier Pando Network report, which El Reg ignored because local data beyond the headline wasn’t available, was the …
Pando's a good bloke
and loved his kid for all that he was a murderous crime boss. Watch the movie "Two Hands" and all will be explained - and you'll never look at the name "Pando" in the same light again!
Kiwis still flightless
NZ broadband speeds aren't even worth mentioning. Sadly the UFB project will be for naught if PacificFibre don't manage to get their cable in.
kbps vs kBps
Please get your units right. Pando Network report that you linked to listed speeds in kBps. Akamai's report is in kbps. There is little difference between those two reports that cannot be explained from sampling errors.
I would have expected a reporter from a publication focussing on technology to know the difference.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests