IBM has drafted in Crocus Technology in hope of blossoming its long-running MRAM flash follow-on technology effort. Where this leaves Big Blue's racetrack memory effort is unclear. Crocus Technology is a developer of magnetoresistive memory and has devised a thermally-assisted Magnetic Logic Unit (MLU), which caught IBM's eye. …
BIG Blue wants Stiffer Poles, oh so how many ways that can be interpreted - Blue Pill someone !!!
Oh, I'm sure they could do it alone
"Translation: we can't do it alone".
Try: "We haven't found a novel economical way of doing everything we want to do with this technology, so we're going to have to license someone else's IP if we want to bring this to market".
I dare say IBM researchers could duplicate whatever the folks at Crocus have done if that were the better business move. The firm's come up with a few gadgets in the past, such as the tunneling electron microscope.
- +Comment 'Anti-Facebook' Ello: There's a reason we're in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Third patch brings more admin Shellshock for the battered and Bashed