IBM has drafted in Crocus Technology in hope of blossoming its long-running MRAM flash follow-on technology effort. Where this leaves Big Blue's racetrack memory effort is unclear. Crocus Technology is a developer of magnetoresistive memory and has devised a thermally-assisted Magnetic Logic Unit (MLU), which caught IBM's eye. …
BIG Blue wants Stiffer Poles, oh so how many ways that can be interpreted - Blue Pill someone !!!
Oh, I'm sure they could do it alone
"Translation: we can't do it alone".
Try: "We haven't found a novel economical way of doing everything we want to do with this technology, so we're going to have to license someone else's IP if we want to bring this to market".
I dare say IBM researchers could duplicate whatever the folks at Crocus have done if that were the better business move. The firm's come up with a few gadgets in the past, such as the tunneling electron microscope.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action