The European Union is set to green-light Microsoft's €5.9bn acquisition of VoIP behemoth Skype, putting 145 million users under Redmond's control. An announcement is due today, but according to the Financial Times, approval will come and without interoperability requirements, as long as Microsoft commits to maintaining non- …
Isn't XMPP the standard?
Sooo looking forward to this...
PROPER cross platform video chat. Get it on the xbox, android, my windows phone, my tv... Hurry it up.
Good news for everyone I think?
I wonder if the Kremlin/FSB will get its set of the Skype encryption master keys as part of the deal. Wasn't that something the local Microsoft russian bigwig mention a few months ago?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great