Consumer and business solid state drive supplier OCZ is buying a UK development centre, IP licences, and a 40-person team from PLX Technology, possibly for a song. OCZ gets to strengthen its research and development (R&D) capabilities, with additional resources for controller design. It reckons it can bring new SSD products to …
Fantastic - More crap at shorter intervals
It would be much better if they put the team to work at fixing the drives they have already made.
Didn't PLX only acquire that site just recently? I'm sure it used to be Oxford Semiconductor, purveyors of fine USB bridges to the mobile crowd.
Would this development centre be what was previously known as Oxford Semiconductor, bought by PLX in 2009?
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor