Consumer and business solid state drive supplier OCZ is buying a UK development centre, IP licences, and a 40-person team from PLX Technology, possibly for a song. OCZ gets to strengthen its research and development (R&D) capabilities, with additional resources for controller design. It reckons it can bring new SSD products to …
Fantastic - More crap at shorter intervals
It would be much better if they put the team to work at fixing the drives they have already made.
Didn't PLX only acquire that site just recently? I'm sure it used to be Oxford Semiconductor, purveyors of fine USB bridges to the mobile crowd.
Would this development centre be what was previously known as Oxford Semiconductor, bought by PLX in 2009?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015