Consumer and business solid state drive supplier OCZ is buying a UK development centre, IP licences, and a 40-person team from PLX Technology, possibly for a song. OCZ gets to strengthen its research and development (R&D) capabilities, with additional resources for controller design. It reckons it can bring new SSD products to …
Fantastic - More crap at shorter intervals
It would be much better if they put the team to work at fixing the drives they have already made.
Didn't PLX only acquire that site just recently? I'm sure it used to be Oxford Semiconductor, purveyors of fine USB bridges to the mobile crowd.
Would this development centre be what was previously known as Oxford Semiconductor, bought by PLX in 2009?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base