Consumer and business solid state drive supplier OCZ is buying a UK development centre, IP licences, and a 40-person team from PLX Technology, possibly for a song. OCZ gets to strengthen its research and development (R&D) capabilities, with additional resources for controller design. It reckons it can bring new SSD products to …
Fantastic - More crap at shorter intervals
It would be much better if they put the team to work at fixing the drives they have already made.
Didn't PLX only acquire that site just recently? I'm sure it used to be Oxford Semiconductor, purveyors of fine USB bridges to the mobile crowd.
Would this development centre be what was previously known as Oxford Semiconductor, bought by PLX in 2009?
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan