McAfee and IBM have both bought into the expanding security intelligence market with the acquisition of start-ups NitroSecurity and Q1 Labs, respectively. Financial terms on both deals, announced Tuesday, were undisclosed. Both NitroSecurity and Q1 Labs make software tools that allow enterprises to make sense of security logs …
Industry feedback - what this means
Today's news by IBM and McAfee, and the increasing complexity of virtualisation and cloud, only elevates the need to centrally collect for not only security but IT forensics, but compliance and IT operational efficiencies.
Overall today’s news says two things: First, this is an exciting space to be in, and it will continue to change rapidly. Second, as the largest independent pure play and leader in supporting managed and cloud services it really validates our strategy in centrally managing an IT data repository.
We’d assume both Q1 and Nitro customers will see the same level of customer disruption seen with ArcSight.
Bill Roth, CMO, LogLogic
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests