Autoroutes, inter-states, autostrada, motorways and autobahns: they all arose out of the same realisation. Roads had become bottlenecks and traffic was coming to a standstill. The fix was to divide roads into two, limit access and add more lanes. Trucks, vans, cars and motorcycles had more road space and could get there faster …
Make you mind up...
The whole point of the motorway analogy was to show the massive gains to be had from a seperate and seperated path introduced for dedicated traffic purposes. But then went on to suggest that we should just make the existing cart track wider!
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait