Autoroutes, inter-states, autostrada, motorways and autobahns: they all arose out of the same realisation. Roads had become bottlenecks and traffic was coming to a standstill. The fix was to divide roads into two, limit access and add more lanes. Trucks, vans, cars and motorcycles had more road space and could get there faster …
Make you mind up...
The whole point of the motorway analogy was to show the massive gains to be had from a seperate and seperated path introduced for dedicated traffic purposes. But then went on to suggest that we should just make the existing cart track wider!
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth