Autoroutes, inter-states, autostrada, motorways and autobahns: they all arose out of the same realisation. Roads had become bottlenecks and traffic was coming to a standstill. The fix was to divide roads into two, limit access and add more lanes. Trucks, vans, cars and motorcycles had more road space and could get there faster …
Make you mind up...
The whole point of the motorway analogy was to show the massive gains to be had from a seperate and seperated path introduced for dedicated traffic purposes. But then went on to suggest that we should just make the existing cart track wider!
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!