The BBB *is* a scam.
Over the years, I have seen several reports, on American websites, suggesting that the Better Business Bureau is rather dodgy. Typically, the allegation is that they will let anyone join, on payment of a fee. So the BBB logo on a web page is pretty meaningless. All you can be sure it means is that the company using the logo han't been caught.
But the BBB is a sort of franchise organisation. Read the blog post below, but remember that the problems implied by the examples may be limited to a few places and times.
Deciding who to trust is hard.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?