The BBB *is* a scam.
Over the years, I have seen several reports, on American websites, suggesting that the Better Business Bureau is rather dodgy. Typically, the allegation is that they will let anyone join, on payment of a fee. So the BBB logo on a web page is pretty meaningless. All you can be sure it means is that the company using the logo han't been caught.
But the BBB is a sort of franchise organisation. Read the blog post below, but remember that the problems implied by the examples may be limited to a few places and times.
Deciding who to trust is hard.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen