Although ostensibly an aperitif to Toshiba’s incoming flagship LED TV models, this modestly priced 47-incher is a headline maker in its own right. Not only is it the first flatscreen from the brand to offer access to the newly-opened Toshiba Places portal, it’s also Toshiba's first passive 3D panel. Toshiba Regza 47VL863 3D HD …
So where do I buy prescription 3D glasses?
That will be a the corner of Migraine and Marketing.
Edge LED lighting = light bleeding in the corners ?
I've tried 2 TVs - both suffered with this. Did you see this on 21:9 material shown on the 16:9 TV - i.e the pure black letterboxes having white bleeding on the corners and top/bottom of the set ?
"Unlike active shutter specs, polarising glasses don’t fritter away luminance ..."
So the light from the left image is somehow converted to something useful for the right eye?
Passive polarised glasses DO fritter away light (I have a few of them, I can see the attenuation), but not as much as polarised shutter glasses.
Passive systems do kick butt compared to active ones, but not for that reason.
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich
- Hey, Scots. Microsoft's Bing thinks you'll vote NO to independence