Although ostensibly an aperitif to Toshiba’s incoming flagship LED TV models, this modestly priced 47-incher is a headline maker in its own right. Not only is it the first flatscreen from the brand to offer access to the newly-opened Toshiba Places portal, it’s also Toshiba's first passive 3D panel. Toshiba Regza 47VL863 3D HD …
So where do I buy prescription 3D glasses?
That will be a the corner of Migraine and Marketing.
Edge LED lighting = light bleeding in the corners ?
I've tried 2 TVs - both suffered with this. Did you see this on 21:9 material shown on the 16:9 TV - i.e the pure black letterboxes having white bleeding on the corners and top/bottom of the set ?
"Unlike active shutter specs, polarising glasses don’t fritter away luminance ..."
So the light from the left image is somehow converted to something useful for the right eye?
Passive polarised glasses DO fritter away light (I have a few of them, I can see the attenuation), but not as much as polarised shutter glasses.
Passive systems do kick butt compared to active ones, but not for that reason.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low