Chinese tech companies' stock has been sliding on the NASDAQ today, after a report that the US Department of Justice (DOJ) is investigating accounting irregularities at US-listed Chinese firms. Youku, the Chinese YouTube, was particularly hard hit, down 18.3 per cent to $16.24, while search behemoth Baidu lost 9.17 per cent and …
If extradition is out...
presumably the US can fine the companies if they do business in the USA. Or have they found a way around that as well?
Just say no
Big deal, it's nothing a few million spread around DC will not fix.
This is one of the reasons why the US or China needs to be out of the WTO.
I'm surprised youko or whatever it is called is allowed to be listed as last I was in China YouTube was blocked. Trade protectionism or what.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great