QLogic has a new FlexSuite adapter that can function as either 10 gig Ethernet or 16 gig Fibre Channel. The card is an Ethernet NIC, a Converged Network Adapter (CNA) and a Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter (FC HBA) in one, with a single controller capable of linking servers to a filer, an iSCSI SAN or a Fibre Channel SAN via Fibre …
ooooooo - shiny!
Now, how much is the switch, HBAs.....
QLogic delves in trousers, whips out impressive tool
TBH I didn't actually read the article, but I wanted to comment on the excellent tag-line. Made me think of an old porn flick I watched involving a broken dishwasher and moustachioed repairman...
From what I can work out this card can EITHER be a CNA or an HBA, not both at the same time - only the Brocade Fabric Adapters can do that trick - 1 port native fibre channel and 1 port ethernet.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip