With energy prices going through the roof, I recently decided that it was time to pay a bit more attention to my meter readings. There are a few apps for reading gas and and electricity meters, but most of these seem to come from individual energy companies, such as EDF and npower, and only let you take one reading for your …
Does it read the meter for you?
Can you point the phone's camera at the meter and have the app take the reading automatically?
My meter cabinet is a bit difficult to bend down to, so I used my Android to take a photo of the meter.
Could an app recognise that the camera is actually pointed at the dials? And even read off the numbers?
What would be good...
if your app review is iOS specific then at least try to mention equivalent app(s) for Android
Re: What would be good...
If you're an Android user, you'll be wanting to keep an eye on Android App of the Week on Tuesdays.
every single month, without fail, i forget to take a manual reading and, instead of taking one there and then, promise to myself to read the meters at the start of the following month.
so this is exactly the kind of app i need, thanks so much for featuring it!!
My provider EON gives me 90% of this functionality on it's site - don't all the other power co's do the same?
If so I don't get the advantage of using this app except maybe keeping history after you change suppliers.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs