The iPad commands three-quarters of the Australia and New Zealand tablet market, so Apple doesn't have to worry about Android growth rates just yet. Market watcher IDC released its local tablet sales figures this week. The numbers cover Q2. Android tablet shipments into the region went up threefold quarter on quarter, while …
The Electronics chain Dick Smith in New Zealand (and I would assume Australia) is an outlet for Amazon Kindles.
I also suspect some of the lack of non Apple tablet growth in NZ is that we tend to lag a long way behind in getting the Android ones.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad