Windows Phone users, happily getting their Mango update, can now buy apps using a website as well as the Windows-only Zune client. The web-based version offers access to the same range of applications, and pushes them directly out to a registered handset, or sends an email with a suitable link if push isn't operable for some …
... if like me you find the Zune software a painful experience.
Now MS users can buy software for their crappy OS from anywhere!
Didn't take long to come out from under the bridge.
Their like bugs to a light bulb, put one out there an they come from miles away.
"that Mac-using-WP7-owning demographic" - I'm sure both of them will be thrilled.
Seriously though, I'm happy to see that MS is giving people a choice instead of forcing them to use proprietary software.
Do they still need the Zune s/w to download the mango update?
Because without a web store...
... nobody takes those two-bit wannabee platform players over at Apple seriously at all.
lets call it the Windows app store, the more the term 'app store' becomes generic for a place to buy your applications the less chance Apple will have to trademark it.
But then again i don't like the Windows trade mark as that is also generic and a Window in an OS were refered to as such before MS Windows came along.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low