We migrate virtual machines (VMs) for all sorts of reasons: to load balance our physical hosts, say, or to offload a server so it can be taken offline for maintenance, or because the original host has failed. But in every case we want no interruption to the VM's operation, or at least as little interruption as possible. That …
For those who have any interest in the subject - joint F5 / VMware demo on long distance live migration blog / video / resources here: http://devcentral.f5.com/weblogs/nojan/archive/2010/02/02/introducing-long-distance-vmotion-with-vmware.aspx
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace
- Tablet? Laptop? HP does the splits with Tegra-based SlateBook x2
- NASA signs off on sampling mission to Earth-threatening asteroid