back to article Pierre Cardin reckons it can out-bling the iPad

Fashion label Pierre Cardin has joined world+dog in trying to muscle in on the fondleslab phenomenon. Billed as the "UK's first designer tablet", the Pierre Cardin PC 7006G – based on Android 2.3 – is being flogged for a penny short of £300, or roughly £100 less than it would cost to buy an entry-level iPad. A product's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. cloudgazer

Cardin is the poster child for over-licensing of brand names. This baby is going to be up against the galaxy tab and touchpad as expensive failures.

2. Ken 16 Silver badge
    Facepalm

scarified

strange altar

3. Ralph B
    Boffin

Muscle-Car Input Somewhat Overstated

According to Wikipedia, Pierre Cardin was only responsible for the _interior_ of the 1972/73 AMC Javelins. His contribution was an $85 option.

Still, I hope his tablet also comes with "six multi-colored stripes, in a tough satin-like nylon with a stain-resistant silicone finish".

4. Lloyd
    Thumb Down

Seriously?

Pierre Cardin? Designer? Since when? Pierre Cardin is right of the bottom of that particular food chain.

5. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Class

" it comes with a "tasteful case and uber-cool black gift box" which should impress the owner .. until they realise what's inside"

Ah, I so love the house style sarcasm. Quality :-)

6. DrXym

Aimed at the fashion conscious?

I thought it was aimed at idiots who'd buy some subpar piece of tat just because it's encrusted with a few bits of glass.

7. Peladon

Does it have....

.... rounded corners?

1. DJV Silver badge
      Coat

Only if...

...it supports border-radius.

Coat, get, leave...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I for one look forward to ..

the moiPad

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Peter Cardigan

Hero to over-dressed mad uncles since 1953.

10. tmTM

Absolutely no mention

of hardware specs.

I await the inevitable resistive touchscreen and 700 Mhz ARM 11 processor then.

11. perlcat
    Trollface

obhomersimpsonquote

'Herman, how could you? We've all thought about counterfeiting jeans at one time or another, but what about the victims? Hard-working designers like Calvin Klein, Gloria Vanderbilt, or Antoine Bugle Boy. _These_ are the people who saw an overcrowded marketplace and said, "Me too!"'

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/2F21.html

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like