Feeds

back to article Samsung welcomes WinPho 7.5 with Omnia W

Samsung has thrown the first of its Windows Phone 7.5 'Mango' hats in the ring, announcing a fresh Omnia to join its WinPho range. Samsung Omnia W The Samsung Omnia W comes with a 3.7in OLED display rocking a resolution of 800 x 480. It runs on a 1.4GHz processor and includes 8GB of internal storage, 512MB of Ram, a 5Mp …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

One flaw with it

No, not that it's running WP7, I'll wait to get my hands on it before deciding what it's like. It's that Windows Phone text on the cover. I'd need to buy a case just to cover that up.

Isn't that exactly the same as the old Omnia 7? Not even a boost for the camera!

Coffee/keyboard

at least it doesn't have the stupid iPhone rounded corners

There we go, people can still do something other than trying to look like Crapple.

the back of it is quite ugly though :P

And well, Windphone7, I think the main reason its not selling is, that people remember getting hung out to dry, when M$ had ~30% of the smartphone market, and Ballmer wouldn't spend a dime to fix the damned OS for a decade (!)

There were so many bugs and problems in it that reviewers mentioned over and over, that didn't require a new OS, but just some maintainance. nothing was done...

And well, maybe not that many like that "Metro" style and being unable to customize it to their own taste.

Note to Microsoft: Apple can get away with being closed, tight-fisted and prevent customization; You can't... so if you want any market share, let users customize, or watch them all go to Android.

This topic is closed for new posts.