Revolution Analytics, the company that is extending R, the open source statistical programming language, with proprietary extensions, is making available a free set of extensions that allow its R engine to run atop Hadoop clusters. Now statisticians that are familiar with R can do analysis on unstructured data stored in the …
Come to Chicago!
Seems that there is both a strong R faction and a strong Hadoop faction too.
While Chicago may not be the center of the universe, it is roughly the center of the US and easy to get to.
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked