Revolution Analytics, the company that is extending R, the open source statistical programming language, with proprietary extensions, is making available a free set of extensions that allow its R engine to run atop Hadoop clusters. Now statisticians that are familiar with R can do analysis on unstructured data stored in the …
Come to Chicago!
Seems that there is both a strong R faction and a strong Hadoop faction too.
While Chicago may not be the center of the universe, it is roughly the center of the US and easy to get to.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle