The office of the vice-president of the European Commission has withdrawn a rather extensive statement on cookies and the EU Data Protection Directive sent out last week "without authorisation". Out-Law.com, the legal news site, had written a story last week using the statement from Viviane Reding, where she said that companies …
EU not UK...
heise.de developed a JQuery module ( http://www.heise.de/extras/socialshareprivacy/ ) to get around the problem, by disabling the buttons by default and only enabling them, once the user "slides" them to the enabled position.
This was back in August, when the story first surfaced.
- +Comment 'Private Facebook' Ello: There's a REASON we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- Shellshock: 'Larger scale attack' on its way, warn securo-bods