The office of the vice-president of the European Commission has withdrawn a rather extensive statement on cookies and the EU Data Protection Directive sent out last week "without authorisation". Out-Law.com, the legal news site, had written a story last week using the statement from Viviane Reding, where she said that companies …
EU not UK...
heise.de developed a JQuery module ( http://www.heise.de/extras/socialshareprivacy/ ) to get around the problem, by disabling the buttons by default and only enabling them, once the user "slides" them to the enabled position.
This was back in August, when the story first surfaced.
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why