The office of the vice-president of the European Commission has withdrawn a rather extensive statement on cookies and the EU Data Protection Directive sent out last week "without authorisation". Out-Law.com, the legal news site, had written a story last week using the statement from Viviane Reding, where she said that companies …
EU not UK...
heise.de developed a JQuery module ( http://www.heise.de/extras/socialshareprivacy/ ) to get around the problem, by disabling the buttons by default and only enabling them, once the user "slides" them to the enabled position.
This was back in August, when the story first surfaced.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- Review Amazon Fire Phone: What's MISSING... and why it WON'T set the world alight