The office of the vice-president of the European Commission has withdrawn a rather extensive statement on cookies and the EU Data Protection Directive sent out last week "without authorisation". Out-Law.com, the legal news site, had written a story last week using the statement from Viviane Reding, where she said that companies …
EU not UK...
heise.de developed a JQuery module ( http://www.heise.de/extras/socialshareprivacy/ ) to get around the problem, by disabling the buttons by default and only enabling them, once the user "slides" them to the enabled position.
This was back in August, when the story first surfaced.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015