Panasonic has reached to the future, announcing development of a communication assistance robot, as well as fresh models of its hair-washing droid and robo-bed. With a built-in camera and display interface, the company's Hospo-Rimo robot becomes middleman between bed-ridden hospital patients or those with limited mobility, and …
"It's unlikely that they'll be starting a robotic uprising any time soon, though."
Aww pity, nothing like a good robot uprising to take your mind off an imploding economy.
That's GERTY. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't come with the voice of Kevin Spacey. If it does, I'll just be creeped out.
Oh come ON!
"Who better to assist than your very own robo-friend?"
This, from a UK based site?
GET IT RIGHT!
"Who better to assist than your plastic pal who's fun to be with!"
(here I am, brain the size of a planet, and you want me to wash your hair. Shall I pick up that piece of paper for you before or after I wash your hair?)
Share and enjoy.
Share and enjoy.
Go through life with a plastic boy
Or girl by your side.
But when it breaks down or starts to annoy
When it eats up your hat; has sex with your cat.
Come to us we won't give a fig.
We'll tell you
To stick your head in a pig.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court