The IEEE standards body has set up a task force of industry vendors to start work on the four-lane, 25Gb/sec signaling that will be required for future 100 Gigabit Ethernet. The group will also thrash out the specs that will allow 100GE to be used in server and network equipment backplanes and over short-haul copper wires. …
Tell me it ain't so.
It's the differences that make them better. !)
Maybe they should think of a new abbreviation for Standard...
Because putting 'STD!!!' on a timeline feels like they are revealing a little too much about what they are doing after the Standard is approved.
We want 10GE now at reasonable prices as a consumer product in the Marketplace.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity