Google has added a feature to its news search that will allow publishers to elevate some stories over others in their stable. The Google News “featured” content will allow publishers to add “standout” metadata tags to stories when they have a scoop, exclusive, investigative project, or presumably need to suck up to an advertiser …
Are Google's PHD touting boffins trying to say they can't algorithmically determine the most significant news stories - whatever next!
and we reckoned Facebook was getting iffy . . .
[Insert micro-celebrity's name here] was photographed doing [insert mildly scandalous or salacious tittle-tattle here] along with [Insert another micro-celebrity's name here] last [day/ week/ month/ year]
This is obviously *SUCH* important news that it *MUST* take priority over everything else because we say so!!!
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle