Google has added a feature to its news search that will allow publishers to elevate some stories over others in their stable. The Google News “featured” content will allow publishers to add “standout” metadata tags to stories when they have a scoop, exclusive, investigative project, or presumably need to suck up to an advertiser …
Are Google's PHD touting boffins trying to say they can't algorithmically determine the most significant news stories - whatever next!
and we reckoned Facebook was getting iffy . . .
[Insert micro-celebrity's name here] was photographed doing [insert mildly scandalous or salacious tittle-tattle here] along with [Insert another micro-celebrity's name here] last [day/ week/ month/ year]
This is obviously *SUCH* important news that it *MUST* take priority over everything else because we say so!!!
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can