Google has added a feature to its news search that will allow publishers to elevate some stories over others in their stable. The Google News “featured” content will allow publishers to add “standout” metadata tags to stories when they have a scoop, exclusive, investigative project, or presumably need to suck up to an advertiser …
Are Google's PHD touting boffins trying to say they can't algorithmically determine the most significant news stories - whatever next!
and we reckoned Facebook was getting iffy . . .
[Insert micro-celebrity's name here] was photographed doing [insert mildly scandalous or salacious tittle-tattle here] along with [Insert another micro-celebrity's name here] last [day/ week/ month/ year]
This is obviously *SUCH* important news that it *MUST* take priority over everything else because we say so!!!
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS