With the current brouhaha over Oracle’s commercial extensions to MySQL, you might expect the competition to be making a play for disgruntled users. Instead, Ingres – which previously pursued this strategy – has decided to re-brand itself and focus on lightweight applications. Ingres is now officially known as Actian, and it will …
Take one of the best known names (if underachieving) in the DB business, change it, then bet the farm on predictive analytics.
Well done Mr Retard the soon to be leaving CEO.
Heard this before?
Is it just me, or does this sound like every add-on pack that each BI vendor shows off now and again? Add-on is kept for a couple of releases then fades away never to be heard of again.
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers