With the current brouhaha over Oracle’s commercial extensions to MySQL, you might expect the competition to be making a play for disgruntled users. Instead, Ingres – which previously pursued this strategy – has decided to re-brand itself and focus on lightweight applications. Ingres is now officially known as Actian, and it will …
Take one of the best known names (if underachieving) in the DB business, change it, then bet the farm on predictive analytics.
Well done Mr Retard the soon to be leaving CEO.
Heard this before?
Is it just me, or does this sound like every add-on pack that each BI vendor shows off now and again? Add-on is kept for a couple of releases then fades away never to be heard of again.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS