With the current brouhaha over Oracle’s commercial extensions to MySQL, you might expect the competition to be making a play for disgruntled users. Instead, Ingres – which previously pursued this strategy – has decided to re-brand itself and focus on lightweight applications. Ingres is now officially known as Actian, and it will …
Take one of the best known names (if underachieving) in the DB business, change it, then bet the farm on predictive analytics.
Well done Mr Retard the soon to be leaving CEO.
Heard this before?
Is it just me, or does this sound like every add-on pack that each BI vendor shows off now and again? Add-on is kept for a couple of releases then fades away never to be heard of again.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star