With the current brouhaha over Oracle’s commercial extensions to MySQL, you might expect the competition to be making a play for disgruntled users. Instead, Ingres – which previously pursued this strategy – has decided to re-brand itself and focus on lightweight applications. Ingres is now officially known as Actian, and it will …
Take one of the best known names (if underachieving) in the DB business, change it, then bet the farm on predictive analytics.
Well done Mr Retard the soon to be leaving CEO.
Heard this before?
Is it just me, or does this sound like every add-on pack that each BI vendor shows off now and again? Add-on is kept for a couple of releases then fades away never to be heard of again.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.