With the current brouhaha over Oracle’s commercial extensions to MySQL, you might expect the competition to be making a play for disgruntled users. Instead, Ingres – which previously pursued this strategy – has decided to re-brand itself and focus on lightweight applications. Ingres is now officially known as Actian, and it will …
Take one of the best known names (if underachieving) in the DB business, change it, then bet the farm on predictive analytics.
Well done Mr Retard the soon to be leaving CEO.
Heard this before?
Is it just me, or does this sound like every add-on pack that each BI vendor shows off now and again? Add-on is kept for a couple of releases then fades away never to be heard of again.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS