internet vs local purchases
I'd prefer the internet for most of my tech. shopping with a tax because of the following:
1. better selection. I live in a decent sized city, but none of the computer stores, Best Buys, or others can compete with a NewEgg. On-line can carry rare or hard to find items that are easier to locate.
2. better prices, even after a tax is levied. Shipping is usually free.
3. convenience. I don't have to drive all over to see if a store may have something in stock or call to verify that they really have it.
4. purchasing hours. I shop when I want to, not when the county says I can because of blue laws.
5. I can ship to family without having to mess with it myself.
6. I can be out of my residential location on vacation, purchase an item and it will be waiting for me when I get home.
7. I can check a feature on-line if I have a question rather than have some saleperson blow smoke my way. Reviews and the manufacturer's websites are great. I'd do the same in stores, but I can't afford the smart phone data rates.