Security researchers at Trend Micro have discovered a sophisticated cyberspy network geared towards attacking systems in Russia and neighbouring countries. Cyberespionage efforts against either human rights activists or high-tech Western firms have been going on for a few years. Examples include the Operation Aurora attacks …
Those villains - I mean these villains
I am deeply shocked to learn of this disgraceful conduct evidently committed by ourselves, and Iicall upon international authorities to pursue us unrelentingly, and to stop at nothing until we are brought to justice. Stern, unswerving enforcement of the law is the only language that my people understand.
I feel very confused now.
It's a mistake. It must be from China. America would never do any thing like that. The UK would only do some thing like that if America ordered it. Yep it's the Israelis .
Script Kiddies VS Script Kiddies = pure fail
Hosted in UK != UK attack
As lots of companies now actively block access to Chinese and Russian IP addresses it makes sense for any attacker to use a UK (or US) based command host. In those instances it doesn't necessarily follow that the attack was from UK or US agencies (although I wouldn't be in the least surprised if it was).
"...reluctant to speculate on who might be behind the attack or their motives..."
Funny how such people never seem in any way reluctant when they think the Chinese are involved hmm?
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe