Intel has scored its first big win for its Many Integrated Core (MIC) x86 coprocessor, code-named "Knights Corner," in a hybrid supercomputer that will be installed at the Texas Advanced Computing Center at the University of Texas in January 2013. The 10-petaflops supercomputer will be nicknamed "Stampede", and will be right …
"The MICs deliver a factor of 11 better performance per unit of rack space."
Cue 'Spinal Tap' comments.
Are you sure it's the Dell C2100 they'd be using....?
Such unimaginative names
Such unimaginative names - they really should call the new core "Foxtrot".
Then it can be used to build the "Cluster-Foxtrot".
When inevitable PacRim copy gets made, it will be a Chinese "Cluster-Foxtrot"
Of course, Bill Amend's comic strip comments on it, it will be the Foxtrot about the Cluster-Foxtrot - unless the artist recognized the faux pas of talking about Cluster-Foxtrots within Foxtrot, and defers to Carspecken's comic to discuss it, then it would be the Fox Paws about Foxtrot's faux pas about the Cluster Foxtrot. But then Howard Taylor might do a flashback about it since Schlock Mercenary is all about Cluster Foxtrots.
... Of couse what we really want...
... Of course, what we all really is a PETA-Flogger, not a peta-flopper.
The rhino leather jacket with the spotted owl epaulets, please.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great