Bargain-basement cybercrooks have begun selling a cut-price botnet tool on underground forums for just €10 or less a pop. The so-called Aldi Bot is a functional botnet builder that requires minimal configuration beyond entering the name of a command-and-control server, which comes with the tool. The malware – which was possibly …
"As such the tool might be employed by perverts hunting for child abuse images on the net."
Oh well done for casually ramping up the hysteria. You don't double as a hack for the Daily Mail do you?
It could just as easily be used to hut for signs of where Elvis is hanging out.
could you use dns trickery or faked certs or the like to hijack machines running legitimate distributed computing software such as SETI?
Suddenly instead of dialing into legitimate SETI servers they all dial in to some criminal and get to work DDoSing or cracking passwords or the like.
but why go to the effort when you've already pwned the machine?
So the police are involved?
Probably Leeching off of his user base
I bet he is trying to get as many people as possible out there to start infecting machines for the Seller themself to use.
Why bother doing the dirty work when you can make money by selling the kit and then backdoor into all of the machines infected by his buyers.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM