Ever been annoyed that solid-state disk (SSD) performance can drop off precipitately once the wretched thing has gone through a few writes, erases and re-writes? That's because the fresh-out-of-the-box (FOB) performance can bear no relation to the steady state performance – none at all. This deep dive explains what's going on …
*cough* damned *cough*
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?