Visa will be joining MasterCard in Google Wallet, making the Chocolate Factory's service acceptable just about everywhere - if you have the right app installed. Google Wallet's US launch was limited to Citi bank accounts and its own prepaid card, and was only accepted on MasterCard's PayPass terminals. Visa has wasted no time …
Works in Macdonalds in UK...
much better than getting a handful of greasy cash
You just get a handful of greasy food
Well, yes. But that is why we go in. That and sparkling conversation and free wifi.
Works in the UK? How?
Everything I've heard about google wallet claims it requires a specific carriers' phone in the US.
My phone has NFC but I'm not sure I'd trust it.. if I lost it I'd not only lose my phone potentially anyone could empty my bank account too.
What information does Google get from the shop during the transaction?
For example when the shop scans the bar code of a product, their computer brings up the product description, which is often printed on receipts. Does Google get an electronic receipt for what goods are bought?
I'm wondering if Google can get to know what people are buying. They will certainly know what kind of shops you buy at (plus when, where and how often), but I'm wondering if they have wrangled a way to get access to the receipts as well, to say thats part of the service.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know