Do you know why Intel hasn't launched the Sandy Bridge-EP Xeon E5 processor for two-socket servers? Neither do we, but after attending Intel Developer Forum last week, we have some pretty good guesses. Given the relative dearth of processor news at the IDF show, the attendees and vendors that El Reg spoke to at the show had …
"No Comment" = I don't have a clue or (more usual) yes, you are correct, but we don't want to admit it.
Given intel's history
I vote the latter....
my vote would be that there is surplus stock of the older processors at the big suppliers (dell, hp etc) to shift first...
So Intel DON'T offer a release date, a board manufacturer says they expect it in Q4 (which we're not even in yet) but because they chip is not available by some date you've mysteriously plucked out of the air then according to you Intel is late. Hmmm. Seems credible.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM