Bucks council is so fucking stupid any improvement will be welcome
Welcome to one of the more prosperous counties in the UK where IT is a shambles, so we look forward to it going downwards quickly. A few points as a taxpayer in south Bucks your readers may enjoy:
1) The Planning Permissions website has had a broken search tool for 6 months. Loads of emails to the Bucks support team "we're really sorry we'll get some.one to investigate"
2) The Bucks SSL certificates expired LAST YEAR and you cannot trust their websites.
3) Filing objections, or forms-based questions to the council frequently causes SQL errors and your 10-15 minutes of time is wasted
4) Email to some departments goes to the wrong departments. How -- who the fuck knows!
5) Despite Uk.Gov mandates, some parts of the councillors are NOT on email -- "send me a letter / FAX" instead.
Bucks council and IT are mutually exclusive, they're clueless fucks so spending between £20 -> £100M whilst they cannot fix our roads, are turning off services and street lights is a great headline.
I am surprise however the Bucks Free Press hasn't picked this story up -- they're great at idiot news but thanks El Reg for finding this outrageous waste of our council tax!