Feeds

back to article Softbank bets $US200m on mobile ad network

The world’s largest indie mobile advertising network InMobi has received a $US200 million cash infusion from Japan’s Softbank. The transaction represents one of the biggest venture capital deals of the year and eclipses all mobile VC investments. InMobi, which launched in 2007, claims it can currently serve ads on 340 million …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Ads? On phones?

No ads here. Thank gawd/ess. I have no idea what the mindset of marketards is ... I mean, seriously, get into people's faces & annoy them in an attempt to sell your product and/or service to them? Surely that's counter-productive. When I want cheese or Levis[tm] or a new grill or a new deep-well pump, I know how and where to find them. It ain't exactly rocket science.

I'm going to cry when I can no longer get parts to keep my nearly 11 year old Nokia going ... and I'll probably stop carrying a phone altogether if I'm forced to see adverts on it's inevitable replacement. I got along just fine before 1983 without mobile devices, and then again throughout most of the 90s when I refused to carry one (I didn't want an electronic leash).Mobile devices are hardly necessary to life.

This topic is closed for new posts.