Oracle has released three new commercial extensions for MySQL, provoking fears that the company might be trying to take the project too far from its open source roots. The extensions for MySQL Enterprise cover thread pool scalability, a pluggable API for PAM and Windows authentication, and additions to Oracle VM and Windows …
It's about time someone does a "Hardcore Forking Action" on Oracle...
been there, done that
MySQL was the first Oracle open sauce project to be forked. In fact there are too many forks of it, although MariaDB seems to be well supported.
remember this date 28 January 2015
.. is the “.. the fifth anniversary of the closing of the transaction“. After which, Oracle said all bets are off as far as MySQL is concerned.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!