Oracle has released three new commercial extensions for MySQL, provoking fears that the company might be trying to take the project too far from its open source roots. The extensions for MySQL Enterprise cover thread pool scalability, a pluggable API for PAM and Windows authentication, and additions to Oracle VM and Windows …
It's about time someone does a "Hardcore Forking Action" on Oracle...
been there, done that
MySQL was the first Oracle open sauce project to be forked. In fact there are too many forks of it, although MariaDB seems to be well supported.
remember this date 28 January 2015
.. is the “.. the fifth anniversary of the closing of the transaction“. After which, Oracle said all bets are off as far as MySQL is concerned.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- NASA to reformat Opportunity rover's memory from 125 million miles away