Oracle has released three new commercial extensions for MySQL, provoking fears that the company might be trying to take the project too far from its open source roots. The extensions for MySQL Enterprise cover thread pool scalability, a pluggable API for PAM and Windows authentication, and additions to Oracle VM and Windows …
It's about time someone does a "Hardcore Forking Action" on Oracle...
been there, done that
MySQL was the first Oracle open sauce project to be forked. In fact there are too many forks of it, although MariaDB seems to be well supported.
remember this date 28 January 2015
.. is the “.. the fifth anniversary of the closing of the transaction“. After which, Oracle said all bets are off as far as MySQL is concerned.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene