Oracle has released three new commercial extensions for MySQL, provoking fears that the company might be trying to take the project too far from its open source roots. The extensions for MySQL Enterprise cover thread pool scalability, a pluggable API for PAM and Windows authentication, and additions to Oracle VM and Windows …
It's about time someone does a "Hardcore Forking Action" on Oracle...
been there, done that
MySQL was the first Oracle open sauce project to be forked. In fact there are too many forks of it, although MariaDB seems to be well supported.
remember this date 28 January 2015
.. is the “.. the fifth anniversary of the closing of the transaction“. After which, Oracle said all bets are off as far as MySQL is concerned.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers