Canon has unveiled two additions to its Powershot cameras range, both powered by the latest Digic 5 image processor which enhances colour, reduces noise and increases white balance accuracy. First up is the PowerShot S100, a quality compact snapper that builds on the S90/S95 heritage of good low light sensitivity and manual …
If the reviews live up to the specs that's a convincing reaon to upgrade the SX20 and is close enough in appearance that the wife won't notice.
The S100 doesn't pack the optical viewfinder of it's earlier forebears. My S60 has packed up and made a really useful addition to my D300. But I can't live without a real viewfinder, the rear screen is useful, it works well in lots of situations, but not all. Oh well, back to searching eBay for a old one at a suitably tight fisted price.
The bulge on the top of the SX40 looks very odd indeed, almost like an alien is about to burst out from inside, John Hurt style.
Where's the G13?
All very well, but why no replacement for the G12?
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching
- 'New Stuxnet': Government-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON 'Regin' described
- The next big thing in medical science: POO TRANSPLANTS