The next generation of the PCI interconnect standard will be aimed squarely at high-performance computing, and it will be developed using a different scheme than were previous generations. "The solution space that we're targeting for 'gen-four', if you will, is going to be directly focused to service the needs of HPC …
Doesn't this just reek of "640k of base memory is more than anyone will ever need"?
Maybe he should listen to Bill's rebuttal:
""I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time."
Or at least have a quick refresher course on Parkinson's Law.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland