The next generation of the PCI interconnect standard will be aimed squarely at high-performance computing, and it will be developed using a different scheme than were previous generations. "The solution space that we're targeting for 'gen-four', if you will, is going to be directly focused to service the needs of HPC …
Doesn't this just reek of "640k of base memory is more than anyone will ever need"?
Maybe he should listen to Bill's rebuttal:
""I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time."
Or at least have a quick refresher course on Parkinson's Law.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Rubbish WPS config sees WiFi router keys popped in seconds