TomorrowNow has pleaded guilty to criminal charges that it illegally downloaded copyrighted Oracle software in an effort to pry customers from the database giant between December 2006 and April 2007. According to a statement from United States Attorney Melinda Haag, the former SAP subsidiary – which was shut down in 2008 – has …
So, what is the deal?
Is Oracle receiving only $20m or the $272m awarded earlier by the same Judge?
Damages are awarded in civil cases
Fines are imposed in criminal (and other) cases
Damages are awarded to the plaintiff
Fines go to the Government coffers
Are we in tune here????
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats