TomorrowNow has pleaded guilty to criminal charges that it illegally downloaded copyrighted Oracle software in an effort to pry customers from the database giant between December 2006 and April 2007. According to a statement from United States Attorney Melinda Haag, the former SAP subsidiary – which was shut down in 2008 – has …
So, what is the deal?
Is Oracle receiving only $20m or the $272m awarded earlier by the same Judge?
Damages are awarded in civil cases
Fines are imposed in criminal (and other) cases
Damages are awarded to the plaintiff
Fines go to the Government coffers
Are we in tune here????
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan