Intel today demo'd an interesting screen-based power-conservation technology: Panel Self-Refresh (PSR), part of the Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) standard. PSR incorporates a frame buffer into the display's own electronics, allowing it to refresh the screen's pixels directly rather than continuously requesting image data from the …
It would seem to me that this is an ideal technology for AMOLED or high resolution LCD displays in smart phones? If nVidia supported it in the Tegra embedded chipsets then it could save a fair bit on battery life?
That is all, now go out and multiply.
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?