In part 4 I had a quick peek at the performance of Rackspace's CDN and liked what I saw. Now I'm starting to use the CDN with my main site, but I discovered that I had plenty of other things to fix to make the CDN worthwhile and get my home page faster to load than Google's! Speed matters A fast-loading web page, especially the …
yahoo guidelines repackaged
You could have just provided a link.
"PageSpeed add-in for FireFox"
YSlow is also very good and provides nice click throughs to pages explaining the issue in more detail from which you can click through to a discussion on each issue. Very handy.
what does this mean?
"redoing all my Last-Modified and ETag headers and my response to a browser's If-Modified-Since and If-None-Match to improve"
Do you mean making sure all of your mirrored copies of files are identical both in content and timestamp? Or something else?
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!