In part 4 I had a quick peek at the performance of Rackspace's CDN and liked what I saw. Now I'm starting to use the CDN with my main site, but I discovered that I had plenty of other things to fix to make the CDN worthwhile and get my home page faster to load than Google's! Speed matters A fast-loading web page, especially the …
yahoo guidelines repackaged
You could have just provided a link.
"PageSpeed add-in for FireFox"
YSlow is also very good and provides nice click throughs to pages explaining the issue in more detail from which you can click through to a discussion on each issue. Very handy.
what does this mean?
"redoing all my Last-Modified and ETag headers and my response to a browser's If-Modified-Since and If-None-Match to improve"
Do you mean making sure all of your mirrored copies of files are identical both in content and timestamp? Or something else?
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk