VoltDB – the new-age database outfit founded by industry high priest Mike Stonebraker – has unveiled version 2.0 of its flagship distributed database, offering new logging tools designed to protect users from catastrophic system failures. The new version also offers a browser-based tool meant to facilitate the development of …
Lets go old school
Anybody remember Informix's XPS engine from the 90s?
Back in '95 XPS had the then largest warehouse of 27TB or so. While that seems small by today's scale that would be a bit more like 27PB or so.
Too bad IBM didn't do much more but just keep it around to keep current customers happy.
Was way better than DB2 PE...
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE