VoltDB – the new-age database outfit founded by industry high priest Mike Stonebraker – has unveiled version 2.0 of its flagship distributed database, offering new logging tools designed to protect users from catastrophic system failures. The new version also offers a browser-based tool meant to facilitate the development of …
Lets go old school
Anybody remember Informix's XPS engine from the 90s?
Back in '95 XPS had the then largest warehouse of 27TB or so. While that seems small by today's scale that would be a bit more like 27PB or so.
Too bad IBM didn't do much more but just keep it around to keep current customers happy.
Was way better than DB2 PE...
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids