VoltDB – the new-age database outfit founded by industry high priest Mike Stonebraker – has unveiled version 2.0 of its flagship distributed database, offering new logging tools designed to protect users from catastrophic system failures. The new version also offers a browser-based tool meant to facilitate the development of …
Lets go old school
Anybody remember Informix's XPS engine from the 90s?
Back in '95 XPS had the then largest warehouse of 27TB or so. While that seems small by today's scale that would be a bit more like 27PB or so.
Too bad IBM didn't do much more but just keep it around to keep current customers happy.
Was way better than DB2 PE...
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- Fun-killing fireshow-flunking ZOMBIE COMET ISON only LOOKED alive
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- Inside IBM's vomit-inducing, noise-free future chip lab