Intel may be keen for World+Dog to buy an Ultrabook this Christmas - it's "working with industry partners to deliver mainstream-priced products beginning this holiday season" - but smart buyers may choose to wait until 2012. The chip giant will show off Ultrabooks based on its upcoming 22nm 'Ivy Bridge' CPU "early next year", …
"the most satisfying and most complete computing experience" AKA a keyboard. And I like ports. Lots of ports.
Anyway, isn't it always the way that the new shiny is released in Q1 so that they can shift a job lot of the current tech at a higher price to the uninitiated over xmas?
Buy this <redacted> now. Better ones coming soon!
Is this Intel's 'Doing a Ratner' moment?
>1024 vertical res?
If they come out with more crap squashed screens, then they'll be waiting a LONG time for me to part with any money. I'll buy an expensive Android tablet first.
Nothing has convinced me that anything is better than Netbooks for very portable computing when you take into account the low cost of them. The low cost is a problem for the manufacturers, though. The profit margins, once the Microsoft cut is taken into account, are minimal. So 'Ultrabooks' must be invented.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*