Feeds

back to article More job losses on the way as Tata picks up Telstra back office

In a multi-year, $US50 million deal, Indian giant Tata Consultancy Services is to expand its footprint in Telstra’s back office processing. According to The Hindu Business Line, the deal covers finance and accounting operations, and will replace more than 100 Telstra staff. A Telstra spokesperson contacted by the newspaper said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

Try and keep up

There is no EDS, it's been HP for ages now.

Stop

@ Paul Turner

I'm pretty sure "(formerly through EDS)." indicates the author knows this and is suggesting that Telstra was initially a customer of EDS.

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: @ Paul Turner

Actually, it indicates that I saw the first comment, realised my error, and made the correction. Thanks all,

Richard Chirgwin

Anonymous Coward

Australia's Best Loved Brand

Maybe that should be India's Best Loved Brand?

I've given smelstra the flick

Bundled all our comms services with Westnet and given smelstra the flick. At least now I know that I can get 24 hour service - no more than 1 minute wait for the last 4 calls, and if there is to be a long delay they always have called me back.

Paris Hilton

Obviously an Aussie post .....

but why do Aussies assume that the names of those companies are familiar to those outside Australasia?

Paris, because even she ain't that dumb.

FAIL

Obviously a non-Aussie post

I could ask the same of the UK and American posters here.

Given that the story (you did read that didn't you?) is about Telstra, I think we can let that one go. From context I think you should be able to figure out that Westnet are a telco of some kind. The poster is expressing, rather childishly IMO, his dislike of Telstra and that he uses another company.

Fail, for primary school level reading comprehension.

This topic is closed for new posts.