We’re hearing lots of stories about the ‘consumerisation’ of IT – in other words giving users freedom to choose the equipment and online services they need to do their jobs well – and this is the topic of our latest Reg Reader survey. We have already had a ton of responses from IT professionals - hardly surprising, given Reg …
I can see this particular survey going much like a script from The IT Crowd!
Don't forget conflicting standards: We have one set of policies that state what we should be using internally for testing and another set that mean that we can't get the equipment and software we need to accomplish the former.
We collect, refurbish and resell WEEE kit
As far as our internal stuff goes, we "eat our own dog food".
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth