We’re hearing lots of stories about the ‘consumerisation’ of IT – in other words giving users freedom to choose the equipment and online services they need to do their jobs well – and this is the topic of our latest Reg Reader survey. We have already had a ton of responses from IT professionals - hardly surprising, given Reg …
I can see this particular survey going much like a script from The IT Crowd!
Don't forget conflicting standards: We have one set of policies that state what we should be using internally for testing and another set that mean that we can't get the equipment and software we need to accomplish the former.
We collect, refurbish and resell WEEE kit
As far as our internal stuff goes, we "eat our own dog food".
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat