The inexorable rise of the actively twittering masses has hit a new high, with 100 million people regularly tweeting their fascinating insights into what they had for breakfast and how happy they are that Beyonce is pregnant. Oh no wait, apparently "active user" just means someone who's logged into Twitter, so make that 60 …
"35 of them are global heads of state, including Julia Gillard in Australia, the Mayor of London and the posse of US presidential hopefuls."
Since when are a mayor and a bunch of hopefuls heads of state?
As someone who has logged into twitter ...
Every time I am persuaded twitter is a good idea I create a new account.
It lasts about ten days before I get bored, uninstall software and forget password.
Twitter could tell us how many people tweet regularly - or log on. But of course they never, ever will.
100 million regular tweeters < Yes! Its a title!
That's like 100 MegaTwats of power.
But it's a pity that half of them are just spammers triggered by hashtags.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging