The inexorable rise of the actively twittering masses has hit a new high, with 100 million people regularly tweeting their fascinating insights into what they had for breakfast and how happy they are that Beyonce is pregnant. Oh no wait, apparently "active user" just means someone who's logged into Twitter, so make that 60 …
"35 of them are global heads of state, including Julia Gillard in Australia, the Mayor of London and the posse of US presidential hopefuls."
Since when are a mayor and a bunch of hopefuls heads of state?
As someone who has logged into twitter ...
Every time I am persuaded twitter is a good idea I create a new account.
It lasts about ten days before I get bored, uninstall software and forget password.
Twitter could tell us how many people tweet regularly - or log on. But of course they never, ever will.
100 million regular tweeters < Yes! Its a title!
That's like 100 MegaTwats of power.
But it's a pity that half of them are just spammers triggered by hashtags.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap